A soluble prebiotic fibre targeted towards increasing Bifidobacterium and lactobacilli, and thus, the overall composition of the gut microbiome.
Increasing Bifidobacterium and lactobacilli may:
– Have immunomodulatory effects
– Help reduce risk of allergy development in infants
– Aid mineral absorption, especially iron, calcium and magnesium
– Aid SCFA production and protect the epithelial cells of the gut
– Regulate stool consistency, bloating and flatulence
Is this a Prebiotic?
We think "prebiotic" is a useful description for substances that the gut's friendly bacteria feed on. Prebiotics are not claimed to have a direct effect on human health themselves.