It’s amazing how clear the importance of having sufficient Vitamin D has become in all sectors of health now. Your baby is born with approximately 300 bones which are the foundation of the musculoskeletal system, and during the first year of life will start to fuse together. This process is called ossification and needs Vitamin D to help with bone density. But it’s not just important for bone health, Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in developing a healthy respiratory system as well as gut and immune health in your growing baby.
- 3 month supply
- Developed specially for babies
- Simple, convenient, easy-to-use drops
- No nasties – safe even for young babies: sugar-free with no artificial colours, flavourings or additives
- One drop provides a daily dose of 400iu (10μg)
- Supports development of your baby’s bones, teeth, muscles and healthy immune function
Baba West Infant Vitamin D drops are suitable for:
- Breastfed babies
- Formula/mixed-fed babies having less than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula a day
- Babies from 1 month up to 3 years old
- Vegetarian diet
- Gluten-free diet
Why give baby Baba West Infant Vitamin D Drops?
- Helps the body absorb calcium to build strong bones and teeth
- Important for muscle development
- Support healthy, balanced immune function
- Lower risk of eczema and severe asthma for children with sufficient vitamin D
- Fewer respiratory and other infections in infants with sufficient vitamin D
Department of Health
The Department of Health and NHS recommend that breastfed babies from birth to 1 year of age should be given a daily supplement containing 8.5 to 10 micrograms (400iu) of Vitamin D to make sure they get enough, whether or not their mother is taking a Vitamin D supplement. Formula-fed babies should not be given a Vitamin D supplement until they’re having less than 500ml (about a pint) of infant formula a day, as infant formula is fortified with vitamin D. Children aged 1 to 4 years old should be given a daily supplement containing 10µg of vitamin D.